Who I am....

My photo
I've been married since September 2001. Shawn and I have 2 beautiful girls together, Briley and Lakyn. I work full-time and I'm also the V.P. of THMSA, a local softball facility in our hometown where we are very active.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Already THREE?!

It's so hard to believe that my little girl is now THREE. Not very old, but still, old enough for me to really wonder where the time has gone. My soon to be 13 year old, going on 30...lol....makes me feel old all the time when I witness her accomplishments.  When I had Briley, I didn't treasure the small things, little moments that you remember for the rest of your life. With there being such an age difference between my girls, I grew up a little, and realized how fast Briley grew up before my eyes and how much I couldn't remember. With Lakyn, I take everyday a little slower and spend time doing the little things that make most of us sigh and say no. 

I listen to her singing songs, making them up, telling kids at the ballpark to get off that before they get hurt, watch her writing and coloring and treasure those moments. With Briley I was too worried about the things that didn't matter.  I had a good friend of mine tell me that she loved the fact that I let Lakyn get dirty at the ballpark and play in the mud and it didn't bother me.  I treasure my time with her more than I ever did with Briley and I regret that at times. But, I also know that I devoted almost 10 good years to Briley before Lakyn was born as well.

She was fun this year for her birthday. When I told her it was her birthday, she said, "TODAY is March 26th!" Cracked me up! She loved it, she would answer that way to anyone that asked instead of simply saying "It's my birthday!"  I let her open a few of her presents from us on her birthday and we had a small gathering on Sunday.  I want to have a birthday party for a few of her friends later on in the month. She blew out the candles like a pro, she loved that!


I was going to make sugar cookies for her to take for her birthday to daycare but, didn't have time. Jaime got her cupcakes, a balloon and a bag of candy for her big day! She almost didn't want to put the balloon down.  *sigh* These are the little things. It's funny that a simple balloon made her THAT happy. 

I do wish that every woman having children would realize how precious these moments are and how they seem to speed right by! Hold tight to those babies and cherish the things that they do and say, they move so fast.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment