Who I am....

My photo
I've been married since September 2001. Shawn and I have 2 beautiful girls together, Briley and Lakyn. I work full-time and I'm also the V.P. of THMSA, a local softball facility in our hometown where we are very active.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Last Year 2010

Last year was very tough for my family.  It was a struggle but we managed to make it out of 2010 and into 2011 with hopes of better things to happen for us.

Shawn had back surgery last March, it was such a trying time for us as we have never been without his income.  God totally provided for us by using different people and different things to help us! It was unreal sometimes when I wondered how we were going to do it, the money was there.

Softball consumed our lives for the summer as normal. We wouldn't know where we would be without it honestly. Shawn and I have decided that even when our girls are older and not able to play ball at THMSA anymore, we will still probably be there helping run the ballpark.  Our first year 12U Terror team didn't win any tournaments but they did improve tremendously! Now we are onto a new year with a new team and some existing girls as well. We are VERY excited about the new year to come! Our softball family is wonderful, we all get along so well and have such a good time together.  Can't wait to see what damage this team is going to do this summer!!

Briley started her first year of middle school in August 2010. I can't believe I have a middle schooler now. It just doesn't seem possible. She was nervous but excited at the same time. There was an orientation where they got to try their lockers and meet their teachers along with find their classes. She did fine, until we left. Then she had a complete meltdown. She was scared to death! But, she went the first day, came home and said she loved every minute of it! Her grades have been decent, she's struggled some in Math but we have a tutor for her to help her out with that.  Briley decided she wanted to try out for the 6th grade basketball team. Tryouts were before Christmas. There were 23 girls that tried out. As you all know, we are softball players, not basketball players so our hopes were not high on her making the team.  We told her that since she didn't play regularly like the rest of the girls, not to expect to make the team. But, when we went back to the school after tryouts and the results were posted, we were stoked to see that she had made the team!  He only kept 12 girls. So now she's a Honey Creek Bee basketball player. Talk about proud!!!!!

So we made it through the holidays! I'm so glad that they are over. Last year was such a struggle and so depressing for me that I couldn't wait to start a new year!  The girls got more than they needed, which they always do and Shawn made out with a PS3 as well.  So, Santa was good in the Hadley house! Now, onto 2011!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment