I remember winters like these when I was in Elementary school! We always prayed for a snow day, a day out of school where we got to stay home and dress up in our warmest clothes with socks on our hands and head to the hill that was close to home to go sledding. It seemed like we had so many of them back then. That was 20+ years ago. Our parents still had to go to work so it was always a few of my friends and I sledding then back to my house for some hot chocolate and sometimes lunch! We had fun back then, never worrying or wondering about our education.
I would always tell Briley that it seemed like we had snow days, but when everyone else around us shut down, we never did. Funny how that worked. Since just the start of the year, Briley's had 5 days out of school because of weather. It's unreal! All of the kids would keep saying how they wish they had a snow day, wished that school was cancelled. Now that it has been, kids are itching to get back to school! Funny how THAT works too. :)
My dad would always call from Tennessee and ask how the weather was and tell us that schools were out there, not because there was snow on the ground, but because there was a forecast of snow. A FORECAST OF SNOW!!!! Seems funny. They are out of school more than they are in. I would always tell my dad that I wondered what kind of education those kids REALLY get. They can't get a good one being out of school so much. Let's not forget to mention the perfect place for a career!!!! Teachers work less than normal.
Briley's had so many days off now, that I think she's finally ready to go back to school. I think what she has missed the most is that she's missed 4 games of basketball. We aren't even sure if they are going to be able to make those games up or not. It's sad when there are 10 games in a season and you maybe get to play 6.
I think everyone is over the snow days we have been having. I'm pretty sure we are all ready to move onto Spring! With all my snow days behind me, I still drive past that hill that we used to sled on. It seemed so huge back then.....it's actually pretty small. But, I still have the memories of my childhood there on snow days!
I started this blog for random thoughts to share, vent, talk about things, blow off steam and just share about me in general. Some will be totally random and make no sense, but I will be able to get things off my chest and on paper, or in this case, screen.
Who I am....
- Meghan
- I've been married since September 2001. Shawn and I have 2 beautiful girls together, Briley and Lakyn. I work full-time and I'm also the V.P. of THMSA, a local softball facility in our hometown where we are very active.
No wonder we didn't have any food......you were feeding the neighborhood! LOL
ReplyDelete